[FOSS4G2017] Marketing plan

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Sep 16 07:06:29 PDT 2016

 From the message in that ticket, it seems there is come confusion on
the use of this mailing list.  You will notice at the top of the mailing
list subscription page is stated "FOSS4G 2017 LOC and Public
Discussions" https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g2017

I also am an admin for this mailing list.  I have not noticed many
unsubscription problems - there are about 90 subscribers, and, as these
open discussions and planning increase, the numbers will grow and grow,
which is a win/win.  Are you concerned that the open discussions and
planning is hurting something?  That is of course what this list is for.
  Please share your thoughts here.  Are some people on the LOC not used
to open discussions?  No need to be shy, speak your mind here, we are
all here to help.

Why don't we start by setting up an IRC meeting for next week, and
everyone step through each committee and setup tasks, that we can all
help with.

-jeff