Shirt funding

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 12 22:28:36 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I know the FunCom committee meeting didn't really happen this week,
but I want to bring up one item that I believe needs some fairly
quick resolution: how do we order more shirts?  I know, logistically
how it happens, but need to know how to financially handle it.  We
need to have a long term process set up to handle ordering more
shirts as needed.

For example we have some new members who are helping at OSCON who do
not have OSGeo shirts and really should have one for managing the
booth and building our image.  Similarly they couldn't really buy
them or order them personally even if they wanted to (due to high
setup costs).

Can FunCom (or Board) give me and VisCom some direction on how to
handle this?  If I knew there was a budget and a way to expense the
set up and delivery, I would gladly help organise this.  But as it is
I don't know where to start on the finance end.  I think our budget
covers it off nicely, but how/when do we (VisCom) get to start
spending some more?  Are all the items on the budget on hold until
FunCom starts working?

We have a similar issue around reproducing brochures, banners and
eventually for booth equipment rental.  These are all items that we
need to get some movement on soon.  I know it's likely too late to
meet the needs for OSCON, but I would sure like to try and at least
have the process nailed down for the next conference.

Any thoughts?

Tyler