[Fundraising] A.W. Mellon Foundation funding

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Fri Jul 28 01:06:15 EDT 2006

Any reason why we'd say no?

-----Original Message-----
From:	Tyler Mitchell (External)
Sent:	Thu 7/27/2006 9:27 PM
To:	fundraising at fundraising.osgeo.org
Subject:	[Fundraising] A.W. Mellon Foundation funding
Hi all,
At OSCON, staff from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation talked to
volunteers at the OSGeo booth.  They indicated that that we could
apply for research funding.  Their program [1] and criteria [2] could
easily fit with one of our projects - in particular, the education
and geodata projects.  But likely also in software projects that
could be, for example, adapted into more of an educational context.
That is based on my assumptions reading their documents.

I will try to get more information from someone who was at OSCON and
met the foundation reps (I was already corresponding with one of
them).  But in the meantime, I want to pass it over to the
fundraising committee to consider.

Is this something you can or likely will pursue?

Tyler

[1] http://rit.mellon.org/
[2] http://rit.mellon.org/criteria