[OSGeo-Fundraising] Sponsor logos on booths/exhibit material

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 26 14:47:07 EST 2007

Hi all,
Some event related material, mainly signs for a booth, are going to
be created over the upcoming month or so and the question came up
about which sponsor logos to put on them.  As Sustaining Sponsor,
Autodesk is the only sponsor to have this explicit privilege.  After
talking with their marketing group, we both though it can look bad to
only have a single sponsor shown there.  That is, it can look like
they are running the whole thing, which is not necessarily the
message any of us want to portray.

So the question is whether we want to, even temporarily, include our
associate sponsors in the signs on our booth - just to help diversify
the feel of it or not.

To help justify it, we could consider using some of the donation from
a particular sponsor toward the booth or event itself - using it like
a attribution of their help for the event in particular.  That might
be a stretch, but I was curious what you thought.

Tyler