[fusion-dev] Fusion 1.1 release

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Aug 20 15:39:23 EDT 2008

Dear PSC and developers alike,

I would like to propose a release of Fusion geared towards the end of
August.  The release would be a cut of trunk versioned at 1.1.  I propose
either of the following paths for this release:

1) Cut a release immediately from trunk and version it as 1.1

2) Cut an RC immediately from trunk as 1.1 RC1 for testing with final 1.1.
release following shortly thereafter.

This release addresses the following:

- Addition of OpenLayers 2.6
- Allow MapGuide templates to be updated correctly
- Include i18n support in an official release
- Many other enhancements (performance or otherwise) and bug fixes

A change log will be provided with the release.

I'm interested in hearing feedback from anyone interested.  PSC members, if
we consider the two options above we can choose:

a) an immediate 1.1 official release

b) an RC release followed by official 1.1 version

c) no release at this time

Note that this release will not necessarily be indicative of the way we will
want to release future versions of Fusion.  Like many other things we are
currently working at figuring out how best to handle certain aspects of the
project.

I'll begin the vote with a +1 for option b - RC release followed by official
version.

Best regards,
Jason

     Jason Fournier