[fusion-dev] Proposed Fusion Contributor Agreements

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Aug 29 13:34:31 EDT 2008

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Jason Fournier wrote:
>>
>>> 2- To simplify the process of eventually moving Fusion to OSGeo, should
>>> we check with OSGeo about the possibility of having the Foundation
>>> manage the CLAs from day one instead of going through DMSG now and
>>> moving to OSGeo later?
>>

>> This certainly makes sense.  I didn't realize it was an option but it
>> would
>> be welcomed.
>>

> I'll raise a question about this on the OSGeo Incubator list and see
> what the committee thinks.

See the responses I got on the incubator list:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/incubator/2008-August/001018.html

Frank Warmerdam wrote on incubator list:
> People can assign contributions to OSGeo without OSGeo taking any action,
> so there is no harm in this.  As long as Tyler doesn't mind receiving and
> filing the agreements I see no harm in this happening without Fusion
> actually being in incubation or an official project.
>
> So, my claim would be that all you need is Tyler agreement to manage the
> documents which he can do on his own judgement.

I already got informal agreement from Tyler on IRC the other day about
him managing the forms, so I think we're fine if we want to go that route.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/