[fusion-dev] RFC 1: Use OpenLayers.Class and other prototypecapabilities

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Fri Mar 21 11:55:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

I think the OpenLayer team has always been really open to suggestion to
become a standard library of webmapping component. It's a safe bet to
rely on it. Planning of reusing OpenLayers.Control is also a great plus
since it prevent us of duplicating the effort.

Are you thinking of using the Controls directly and adding them
fusion-specific functions? or using OpenLayer.Handlers inside your own
code like the Select widget was done?

About the initial problem, "Fusion is based on Jx and Jx is too big
because of Prototype and Scriptaculous, if we remove Prototype, that
will reduce the size". Will it be enough? What part of the 185kb is used
by Prototype and Scriptacoulus?

Julien

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears