[fusion-dev] Fusion 1.1 Status

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Nov 1 08:53:18 EDT 2008

I must be slow on the uptake, but reading Jason's 'how to install'
post made me realize that you are absolutely right.  For mapguide
users at least we should be bundling Fusion packages with all the
mapguide templates as separate packages - especially the ones that
don't get released with specific versions of mapguide.

Not sure about storing them in the SVN vault or not, that would be
something that perhaps the PSC should make a call on.

I think you should raise this on the dev list and I'll definitely
support with +1

Paul

On 22-Oct-08, at 8:32 AM, Zac Spitzer wrote:

> the mg 2.1 release is why i was putting my hand up to test 1.1 :)
>
> what I was suggesting with subversion is an easy way for someone like
> myself who
> is happy to update often to just replace the current fusion tree in
> mapguide with a version
> directly checked out of the fusion ' builds' tree. rather than having
> to build it from the svn src.
>
> I am not really much of a fan of the way fusion and other things are
> snapshoted version wise tied to
> the long points between mapguide releases.
>
> having the compiled builds in the subversion would allow me to do
> something like this to a mg install
>
> cd /mgos2.0/webserverextensions/wwww
> mv fusion fusion_release
> svn co http://svn.osgeo.org/fusion/builds/development fusion
>
> that way I just have to svn update to grab the latest build to test

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
> > wrote:
>> Hi Zac,
>>
>> I think Mike has been steadily working on bugs for 1.1 as well as
>> finishing
>> up features for 2.0.  I'd personally like to see 1.1 finalized
>> soon, so if
>> you want to do some testing that would help a lot.  One of the
>> things we
>> added to 1.1 was a compatibility mode for the existing templates so
>> that it
>> can be a drop-in replacement for the existing fusion code, which
>> should make
>> upgrading easier!
>>
>> I believe mgos 2.1 is tracking Fusion trunk which will be branched
>> for a 2.0
>> version shortly too, so my fears of 1.1 slipping between releases
>> seem to
>> have materialized, but no matter - both contain important code and
>> 1.1 might
>> get rolled into another 2.0 minor update if I can convince Tom its
>> a good
>> idea :)
>>
>> From this point forward, I believe that mgos is using svn externals
>> include fusion, so checking in built versions would only apply up
>> to the
>> current point in time I think (unless I am missing the point somehow)
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> On 22-Oct-08, at 4:05 AM, Zac Spitzer wrote:
>>
>>> How is 1.1 going?, it been a while since RC1 I'm happy to do some
>>> more
>>> testing.
>>>
>>> When 1.1 is released, I'm thinking about a few ideas which would
>>> make
>>> adoption easier.
>>>
>>> Once is to create a windows installer which is MGOS and MGE aware so
>>> people can
>>> easily update (replace) older fusion installs.
>>>
>>> Secondly, what do people think about checking in built releases of
>>> fusion into subversion?
>>>
>>> builds\stable
>>> builds\development
>>> builds\1.06