[fusion-dev] Custom Printing Widget Issue

Kori Maleski kori.maleski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:35:00 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am developing a custom printing widget that prints the MapGuide map with a
Commercial overlay such as Google to all ANSI paper sizes.  To do this I am
using an OpenLayers.Map object to display a print preview.

The widget and code is sound (I think) - working as expected but:

When printing to PDF, the MapGuide layer does not print when the
OpenLayers.Layer.MapGuide tileSize width is greater than 1000px.

So
11x17 portrait w 792px h 1224px MapGuide Layer displays in the preview and
prints to PDF
17x22 portrait w 1224px h 1584px MapGuide Layer displays in the preview and
fails to appear in the PDF

The Google layer does print to the PDF with no issue no matter what ANSI
size is used.

Is there some kind of MapGuide tileSize constraint for the
OpenLayers.Layer.MapGuide?  Or does anyone have an idea or suggestion of
what may be wrong?  I set the tileSize.w and tileSize.h to the layer before
rendering.

I don't have a plotter to test if the Print Preview actually prints to
printer with/or without the same issue.
Hence why I need this to go to PDF.

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Cheers,