[fusion-dev] Upgrading OpenLayers to 2.12

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:56:21 PDT 2012

Hi All,

Are there any plans on upgrading Fusion's internal copy of OpenLayers to
2.12?

There's plenty of useful improvements (eg. Client Zoom, Tile Queues, Tile
Animation) that are beneficial to Fusion. Client Zoom is a really useful
feature as it means that our maps are no longer "capped" by the discrete
zoom levels of any base layers we mix in as OpenLayers will appropriately
stretch such layers.

There is only one major change I know of if we do move to 2.12. Yahoo layers
will no longer be available, and Bing will require API keys, due to the
removal of the Yahoo and VirtualEarth layer types.

While we're on the subject, what level of modifications has been done on our
internal copy of OpenLayers that would need transplanting should we decide
to move to 2.12?

- Jackie