[fusion-dev] new committers

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:04:04 PST 2013

Hi Jackie,

sorry for the delay, I was sick and technologically disconnected for a few
days.  For Fusion, the technical part of the process is documented at
http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/DevelopersCorner if that is what you
meant.  I assume the process would be similar for the mapguide repository
as well.  There is no procedural process in particular as Fusion isn't a
formal OSGeo project and we never formalized the PSC component of it.  I'm
happy for any existing committer to add people themselves after a suitable
proposal, discussion and waiting period on the dev mailing list.

If you mean the procedural part of the process, the mapguide PSC process is
described here http://mapguide.osgeo.org/psc.html.  In there, it says
explicitly that the PSC is responsible for granting and revoking commit
access and there is a voting process.  I don't think adding committers
would necessitate an RFC, this could be done as part of our regular weekly
meetings *cough, cough* ... in practical terms, probably just an email to
the dev list followed by a discussion and then PSC member votes would be
sufficient.

That's my take on the current documentation at least

Cheers

Paul