[fusion-trac] #424: IE9 beta:use addEventListener to monitor "contextmenu" event will lost mouseEvent information

Fusion trac_fusion at osgeo.org
Thu Dec 9 21:36:06 EST 2010

#424: IE9 beta:use addEventListener to monitor "contextmenu" event will lost
mouseEvent information
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  yangte    |       Owner:  yangte
       Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
  Component:  MapGuide  |     Version:  2.2 - RC1
   Severity:  Minor     |    Keywords:  IE9, contextmenu
External_id:            |       State:  New
    Browser:  Other     |          Os:  Windows
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 In IE9 beta, I use these codes to monitor the  "contextmenu" event , and I
 find that the type of e is [Object, Event] instead of [Object,mouseEvent],

 can someone tell me it is a defect of ie9 beta.

 button.addEventListener("contextmenu", function (e) {,
                 debugger;
                 alert(e.clientX);
             }, true);

 the debugger tells me that e.clientX is Undefined.

 I think it's a defect of IE9 beta, and I have already submit this defect
 to the IE9 develope team.

 I suggest a workaround to add this line of code:
 e=window.event?window.event:e;

 to the map.js

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/424>