[fusion-users] Query.php performance issues.

Tómas Guðmundsson tomas at snertill.is
Mon Jul 14 06:32:57 EDT 2008

Hi all.

I was wandering if you guys could give me some tips. It is quite a lot and we are trying to find out where

the bottleneck for Query.php is resulting in 8-10 seconds replies from the Server. This

happens when a single ´parcel´or property in the map is selected. I did see in the php file

that it is using an XML reader and parsing every layer is a lot slower than querying a

database. Is it feasible to pump all the data from the map into a sql server and query that

instead? I would like to point out that querying Sheboygan map takes about 1-2 seconds

when selecting a feature in the map and I personally believe tha tit should never take

more than 1 or 2 seconds, else the user will be eery and annoyed.

Regards,

Tómas