[fusion-users] fusion widget / invokeurl questions

larry white larz at openflows.com
Wed Mar 26 10:04:00 EDT 2008

Not sure if this is the appropriate list for the following questions -
maybe dev list?

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I'm having difficulty
figuring out how to migrate custom tasks from a MapGuide ajaxviewer app
to a Fusion app - would like to create analogous widgets / InvokeUrl
calls in Fusion.

For example, a 'quick view'-type function, that contains a list of links
to places (click the link and the map will recenter and zoom to the
point) or a geocoding function.
MapGuide ajaxviewer uses the 'gotopoint.php' file to accomplish these
things.

I've gone through the code for most of the existing widgets, but can't
find much that seems to helps me with Invoke URL calls.
So, my initial questions:

1) Are there examples of InvokeURL usage? (I couldn't find any examples
in the widgets dir or in the documentation)

2) Is there an existing, similar file/widget that accomplishes the
'gotopoint.php' capability?

3) If it doesn't exist, where would one start in building such a capability?
   Should this be an 'InvokeURL' call?  a Widget?
   How/where to build 'gotopoint' logic so that it can be used in
multiple instances/widgets (eg., quick-view and geocoding)

4) How to communicate between task pane and map? how to pass
javascript-y things between task pane and map using widgets and InvokeURL
    - which files to include
    - what methods/functions/calls to use

thanks in advance....

-- larry white

Openflows Community Technology Lab, Inc.
New York | Toronto | Montreal | Vienna
http://openflows.com
People are intelligent. Machines are tools.