[fusion-users] fusion widget / invokeurl questions

larry white larz at openflows.com
Wed Mar 26 11:13:42 EDT 2008

Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
> I have not used much the InvokeURL so I can cot comment on it. But for
> the task that you want to accomplish (quickzoom),  the simplest way I
> thing would be to just have a custom javascript code to do it.
> Something like this could work:
>
> function ZoomToPoint(x, y)
> {
>     var oMap = Fusion.getMapByIndice(0);
>     oMap.zoom(x, y, 1);
> }
>
>  I find it a lot easier to use the Fusion api for simple interactions
> that creating widgets. There is an effort going on to add more
> documentation to fusion and hopefully a more complete API
> documentation would be available.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Best Regards

Thanks.

I agree that that approach - simple zoom to a point - makes the most
sense, but couldn't make it happen.

I've attempted, unsuccessfully, to deal with this both through InvokeURL
and as a separate widget (not really sure what I'm doing, though).
The approach I'm trying to use is an 'OnClick' that fires the javascript
function to zoom to point.
I've tried to use some of the functions from the ZoomXXX widgets, but
there was never any communication between the task pane and the map.
Firebug (firefox extension) would always report that 'Fusion', or some
related function, was not defined.
So, I tried including various files, but was never successful at getting
task pane and map to talk to each other.

-- larry white

Openflows Community Technology Lab, Inc.
New York | Toronto | Montreal | Vienna
http://openflows.com
People are intelligent. Machines are tools.