[fusion-users] Fusion default DisplayUnit

Andrew Parker andrew at source3.com
Mon Nov 24 08:51:29 EST 2008

I do not now if this is the best way, but this is how I changed the units:

In ApplicationDefinition.xml search for "units" and changed all value to
miles (or whatever unit you want).  When you search for "units" you will
either find <Unit> tags and <DisplayUnits> tags.  You can see my changes
at http://216.93.173.156/demo.

Look at the Fusion API for available units.  For example, the options
for the measure toolbar are listed at
http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/Widgets/Measure.

I also changed the units of the coordinate position to Lat/Long.  In the
ApplicationDefinition.xml, I changed the <Template> tag to as follows:

<!-- STATUS POSITION -->

    <Widget xsi:type="WidgetType">
      <Name>StatusCoords</Name>
      <Type>CursorPosition</Type>
      <StatusItem/>
      <Extension xsi:type="CustomContentType">
          <Template>Lat/Long: {y}, {x}</Template>
        <Precision>4</Precision>
        <EmptyText>&amp;nbsp;</EmptyText>
      </Extension>
    </Widget>

As for the scale, I am not sure.  Are you using MapServer?  If so, maybe
you can set the scale in MapServer?

Andrew