[fusion-users] Using fusion with Tabs (Jx.Button.Tab, etc.)

Bernhard Schneider bernhard.schneider at ilu.ch
Fri Jun 12 08:18:14 EDT 2009

Hello Fusion users and expert,
We are trying to use Fusion (2 beta) in combination with Tabs
(Jx.Button.Tab, Jx.TabSet). We encounter the following problem when
inactive, some of the tab's div-elements are not visible (display=none).
Because of this, all requests to div-element.clientWidth and
..clientHeight return 0 (instead of the actual element's size). This in
turn is bad for the map widget because it needs these div attributes to
determine its size. When the user clicks the tab with the Fusion map,
the damage is already done, a generic max extent is used instead of the
predefined one, and the overview map does not show at all.
As it turns out, we only manage to successfully load Fusion in active
tabs.
Does anyone have experience in loading Fusion in tabs? Any suggestions
on how to load Fusion in inactive tabs?
Thank you in advance
Bernhard