[fusion-users] Open Layers side of THings on Selections - Some Help Please

Chris Gountanis gountanis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 09:22:48 EST 2010

I am looking into designing a map application with Open Layers and love the
way Fusion uses the technology. I have checked out Select.js widgit and
noticed everything is class based and seems to be very OOP style but very
hard to follow personally. Is there any way you can translate a selection in
OpenLayers with a simple button click activate with OpenLayers only?

Looking at your code it seems you handle the X Y box locations and run a
map.query() but it is confusing on how to call this separately.

I was playing with direct OL function "select: new
OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature" but there seems to be no example
documentation on who to format what layers and what to return.

Can this same selection be used on any OPenLayers.Layer object brought in
using the OL API? What I am asking is can the same code for selecting
objects on the map be used for MapGuide, MapServer or ArcGIS Rest layers?

Chris