[fusion-users] Fusion is undefined with Internet Explorer 6

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jan 19 14:25:44 EST 2011

Um.  Fusion *should* work with IE 6 but it is becoming increasingly difficult to test or to justify the effort to support it especially in an open source project.  In any case, you can use a couple of techniques to detect IE 6 or other versions.

In javascript, the MooTools library included with Fusion does some browser detection - the current docs (http://mootools.net/docs/core/Browser/Browser) say you can check Browser.ie6 but I think that might only be in a newer version of MooTools than is included with Fusion, so you might need to dig around a bit and see what is actually defined - I suspect it might be Browser.Engine.trident (is true for the IE javascript engine) and Browser.Engine.version (check to see what the value is when you use IE 6)

Alternately, you can use conditional HTML comments to target IE browsers and specific versions of them.

<!--[if IE 6]>
Special instructions for IE 6 here
<![endif]-->

see http://www.quirksmode.org/css/condcom.html for more info