[gdal-dev] Delays in forwarding messages

Daniel Morissette danmo at v...
Fri Nov 20 13:19:22 EST 1998

Guys,

Have you noticed as I did that there is a very long delay between the
time we post a message to the list and the time it is actually
forwarded. I assume this must be due to the fact that the egroups.com
server is very busy...

However, I think this is not very good when we have to discuss design
issues, or stuff that requires lots of going back and forth. For
instance, I replied this morning (almost 3 hours ago) to Frank's message
from yesterday and it has not been forwarded yet. At this pace, we can
exchange only 2 messages per day!!!

Am I just too impatient, or do you also see a problem there? Do you
have any ideas??? Should we directly CC: the message to the other
concerned people? But if we do so, then the other list members will see
the discussion only after the fact and won't have any chance to give
their input...

Daniel Morissette danmo at v...
http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/