[gdal-dev] How to declare State Plane coordinates?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Mon Aug 13 07:27:31 EDT 2001

Ben Discoe wrote:

> > Note that the SetStatePlane() method won't even work if the EPSG
> > tables are not accessable.
>
> Indeed. I did find that i needed to set GEOTIFF_CSV to point to my
> gdal/data location. That's OK though, i can probably figure out a way to
> get end-users set up appropriately.

Ben,

If you know from other mechanisms where the files will be, you can call
CPLPushFinderLocation() with the directory name as the argument to allow
GDAL to find the file without additional external environment variables.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...