[gdal-dev] small problem in OGRSpatialReference::IsSame?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Mon Aug 13 07:28:24 EDT 2001

Ben Discoe wrote:

> I found that OGRSpatialReference::IsSame seems to fail in the following
> case:
>
> OGRSpatialReference one; // "geographical"
> OGRSpatialReference two; // "projected", e.g. UTM
> int same = one.IsSame(&two);
>
> This returns True when it should return False.
>
> I suspect this could be caught with a check like
>
> if( IsProjected() != poOtherSRS->IsProjected() )
> return FALSE;

Ben,

I have corrected this, as well as adding a test of the linear units
being the same.

> One other little nit: 'equivalent' is spelled 'equivelent' 20-or-so
> times in
> the gdal source tree.

I am in no rush to fix this.

Later,

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...