[gdal-dev] Solaris 8 Sparc follow-up

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Tue Aug 21 09:24:43 EDT 2001

gilles.cherix at f... wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to recompile GDAL from the CVS checkout of this morning and
> it ./{configure}d okay ..
>
> Now it failed at compile time with this :
>
> printf 0x2c40
> /usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.a(geo_normalize.o)
> printf 0x2ca4
> /usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.a(geo_normalize.o)
> printf 0x2ce0
> /usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.a(geo_normalize.o)
> ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
> sections
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake: *** [force-lib] Error 1
>

> I've no idea what that means ...

Gilles,

I have no idea why the endian check was failing for you before and not now.
I also have no idea why this is happening. Obviously geo_normalize is calling
printf(), which should be available in libc. I don't know what the linker is
complaining about. You might want to configure GDAL with the
--with-libtiff=internal and --with-geotiff=internal.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...