[gdal-dev] Large Raw Files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Sat Dec 15 12:13:41 EST 2001

Lowell,

I have added a check for ftello64/fseeko64 in GDAL's configure. Could
you do a "make clean; cvs update -d; ./configure; make" on your Solaris 2.7
system and see if it picks them up properly automatically?

Note, it seems that ftello64 and fseeko64 exist on Linux (at least mine)
in the glibc, but they aren't normally defined in stdio.h (though they
are there protected by a bunch of macros). I would be interested in
knowning what we need to do to get 64 bit file io support on linux. What
kernel, file system, api calls, etc.

Thanks,

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...