[gdal-dev] Compiling on cygwin

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at l...
Tue Nov 6 17:54:01 EST 2001

Warmerdam To: gdal-dev at yahoogroups.com
ox.com> Fax to:
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Compiling on cygwin
11/06/01 02:30
PM
Please respond
to gdal-dev

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Is there anything special I need to do to get gdal compiled on cygwin?
>
> Here's the error I'm getting:
> ---
> ./configure --with-tiff=internal --with-geotiff=internal
> --with-jpeg=internal
> #I have also enabled ECW support
> make clean
> make
> ---
> /usr/lib/libm.a(_cygwin_crt0_common.o): In function `cygwin_crt0_common':

/cygnus/netrel/src/cygwin-1.3.3-2/winsup/cygwin/lib/_cygwin_crt0_common.cc:90:

> ndefined reference to `GetModuleHandleA at 4'
> make: *** [force-lib] Error 1
>
> Administrators at PCWLF20 /usr/src/gis/gdal-1.1.5
> -----

Tyler,

I have never run into this problem, and I am not sure where
GetModuleHandleA
is being called from. Note that I have never tried using ECW from within
Cygwin. I didn't realize you were supposed to be able to call out to
external
DLLs without doing something special. Perhaps you could try it again
without
ECW and see if that is your problem?

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam,
warmerdam at p...