[gdal-dev] gdal_translate with pixel size parameters?

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at l...
Fri Nov 9 14:38:54 EST 2001

I think I'm misusing some terms, my apologies.
I would actually like to maintain the output size/dimension of the overall
image, but resample an image from 100m -> 10m pixel sizes.

Frank
Warmerdam To: gdal-dev at yahoogroups.com
<warmerdam at pob cc:
ox.com> Fax to:
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] gdal_translate with pixel size
11/09/01 11:33 parameters?
AM
Please respond
to gdal-dev

tmitchell at l... wrote:

> Can I use gdal_translate to resample the image I am converting?
> Any suggestions?

Tyler,

You can use the -outsize parameter to control the size of the output file.
For instance:

gdal_translate -outsize 100 100 input.tif output.tif

will resample input.tif to a 100x100 image in output.tif. note that
nearest neighbour resampling is used (replication/decimation).

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam,
warmerdam at p...

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor