Gdal on Linux

Andreane Meunier andreane.meunier at p...
Thu Nov 22 07:13:53 EST 2001

Hi!

I'm using gdal_translate to visualize an Arc/Infa Binary Grid on Linux.This is
what I get with gdalinfo:

Driver: AIGrid/Arc/Info Binary Grid
Size is 317, 369
Projection is `'
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left ( 0.0, 0.0)
Lower Left ( 0.0, 369.0)
Upper Right ( 317.0, 0.0)
Lower Right ( 317.0, 369.0)
Center ( 158.5, 184.5)
Band 1 Block=256x4 Type=Int32, ColorInterp=Undefined
Min=1.000/1, Max=1122.000/-1073743528

And these are my commands:
./gdal_translate adf test3
./gdal_translate -ot UInt16 adf test4

When I open them with "The Gimp", test3 doesn't open because it's in 32 bits and
test4 is really bad (I get a black image with only a white line representing a
river... so when I use a river-less file I get a completely black image!) What
am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to visualize 32 bits images? How come all the information is
gone from the image in UInt16? I'm not very familiar with geographic formats as
I'm doing this for a computer graphics class at school so any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrea