NoData support in GIO

Andrew.Loughhead at f... Andrew.Loughhead at f...
Tue Sep 11 03:54:15 EDT 2001

hi,

GDAL, or more precisely GDALRasterBand::GetNoDataValue, does not
currently get the NoData value associated with ESRI grids using
the GIO / avgridio.dll driver. I'm hoping for a pointer towards
what needs to be implemented where in order for a NoData value
to be returned.

An associated issue is that GDAL seems to disregard the type of
ESRI grid that is being opened. So the GDALRasterBand member
eDataType is always set to GDT_Float32. That is appropriate for
ESRI floating point grids, but not really for integer grids.

I am struggling to see where to modify GDAL to address these issues
so would appreciate pointers. I am fairly familiar with the
avgridio library.

Thanks
Andrew.