[gdal-dev] using GIO driver to create grids

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Fri Apr 12 15:54:13 EDT 2002

Andrew,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I worked on the GIO driver a
bunch last Friday and determined that the WriteGeoreference() function is
corrupting the file (as far as ArcView is concerned anyways). I spent quite
a bit of time with binary dumps of the .hdr files to see what all I should
be changing to update the georeferencing but never quite mastered it. I hope
to try some more but five days have passed without getting back to it so I
thought I should give a status report.

If you need to create files with the GIO driver you can do it by commenting
out the comments of the georeferencing writing function but of course you
will lose any georeferencing in the produced grids.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...