[gdal-dev] Memory leaks?

Paul Selormey paul at t...
Mon Aug 26 22:40:31 EDT 2002

Hello Ed,

> (at the risk of pushing this thread over the edge into a religious
> debate...)

I am not interested in debating an issue for the sake of debate, there is
not time for this.

> While it would be nice to offer a complementary "close and clean up"
> function for the library, I can't agree that it's wrong to not have one.

I think you have already made the point. If you agree, however, that
the destructors are not called, then have a look at the destructors for each
driver to see what they really do, and decide whether it is a choice to
clean
up or not - this concludes my contribution to this issue.

Best regards,
Paul.