[Gdal-dev] version of geo_normalize.c

Vladimir Slepnev slepnev_v at newmail.ru
Mon Dec 2 02:18:40 EST 2002

Hello again.

>Have you done a CVS update of the whole GDAL tree?  The change in the
>argument list of GTIFGetPCSInfo() is part of the EPSG 6.2.2 change.  Note
>that you will also want to install the new EPSG support files via a
>make install of GDAL if you want GeoTIFF PCS lookup support to work.

Yeah, I have done a CVS update of the whole GDAL tree.
The function GTIFGetPCSInfo() resides in geo_normalize.c.
I have the following version of this file:

* Revision 1.32  2002/11/30 16:01:11  warmerda
* fixed some problems in GTIFGetUOMAngleInfo

Here is the function definition from there, copy-paste:

int GTIFGetPCSInfo( int nPCSCode, char **ppszEPSGName,
                    short *pnProjOp, short *pnUOMLengthCode,
                    short *pnGeogCS )

Here is the error I get again:

gt_wkt_srs.cpp(256) : error C2660: 'GTIFGetPCSInfo' : function does not take
6 parameters

Here is the line from gt_wkt_srs.cpp that causes the error:

GTIFGetPCSInfo( psDefn->PCS, &pszPCSName, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL );

Five minutes ago I ran "cvs checkout gdal" and checked all this information.
I guess it should've updated the file.
Just for fun, I also checked geo_normalize.c through the web interface to
the GDAL CVS tree.
GTIFGetPCSInfo() takes 5 parameters there too!
Do you have any idea what the problem is? Maybe it's a CVS thing?

Vladimir Slepnev
Programmer, RDC ScanEx