[gdal-dev] problem with make

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Wed Feb 6 18:59:28 EST 2002

pushkar_s_pradhan wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just downl. gdal 1.1.5, I run configure and then do a make but
> make
> gives me this mesg.:
> make: Fatal error: No arguments to build
> I am using solaris 5.8 (sparc).
> Can someone point out the problem? Thanks,

Hi,

The problem is likely that you are not using GNUmake. GDAL requires GNUmake
and the makefiles are called GNUmakefile, which isn't recognised by the
regular Solaris make. You might already have GNUmake as "gmake" or "gnumake".
If not, you will need to download it.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...