64bit Linux support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Wed Jan 16 20:42:01 EST 2002

Mark,

OK, you have convinced me to take a crack at it. I have incorporated
the checking for _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE into aclocal.m4, and updated
cpl_config.h.in and cpl_port.h. With these changes my Linux 2.2 actually
fools itself into thinking it can handle files larger than 2GB, but it
doesn't seem to have any adverse affect on regular file io (now using
ftello64 and fseeko64).

Could you do a CVS update, and verify that a clean configure picks up the
64 bit support properly?

Based on this we should have working 64 bit support on Linux system where
possible.

Thanks,

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...