[gdal-dev] GRASS <-> OGR <-> POSTGIS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Thu Jan 31 22:25:25 EST 2002

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Is it possible to use grass, gdal and postgis together?
> I know I've seen and heard that both postgis and grass are supported by
> gdal/ogr, but can you use this combination?
> There is a fellow that I was talking who wants to go with postgis, but
> thought he'd have to give up GRASS. I said I'd look into it for him.
> Any comments?

Tyler,

Currently GDAL has support for GRASS *rasters* but not the vectors. I
hope to correct this sometime this year, but there is no fixes schedule.
In short, it would be difficult to utilize PostGIS vector data directly
in GRASS as things stand.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...