[gdal-dev] GDAL core directory getting removed

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Thu Jun 13 11:01:47 EDT 2002

ashimitz wrote:
> I have been having a problem with the core directory being removed
> occassionally. It happens when I abort the configure process before it
> completes (forgot to set an option). I tracked the problem down to the
> trap command in the configure script, which is doing an rm with the -r
> option. I'm not sure if the -r is even needed at all, but it's having
> an adverse affect with core being in the list of files to remove,
> resulting in the entire GDAL core directory being removed. If the -r
> is needed, just move the remove of core to a separate statement. I
> have attached the patch for you to add the changes to CVS.

April,

I realize this is an annoying problem, but the configure script is
auto generated from configure.in by autoconf, so changing it won't have
a persistent effect and I can't figure out how to change autoconf to not
do this. It has been suggested I just rename the core directory, and I
may yet do that but if anyone knows how to twist autoconf into not doing
this please let me know.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...