[gdal-dev]

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Fri Mar 1 09:27:57 EST 2002

April Shimitz wrote:
> Hi. I work on the Land Analysis System (LAS) project for the USGS. We are
> currently incorporating the use of your GDAL library into our code and
> writing our own driver for our LAS format imagery. Lowell Johnson was
> heading up this effort, but he has been moved onto another project.
>
> We are using GDAL 1.1.6 and found there is no way to access the nBand data
> member of the GDALRasterBand class. I wanted to send you this patch to add
> an accessor method for this. We need to have access to this data member for
> processing of LAS imagery and would like you to consider adding it to GDAL
> permanantely. I have attached the patch file for you. Let me know if you
> have any questions.

April,

I have incorporated your change, though taken the liberty of just calling
the method GetBand(). I haven't documented it as I am not convinced I want
to popularize it.

PS. Would you like CVS access to the GDAL tree?

PPS. Will the LAS driver be committed to CVS soon?

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...