[Gdal-dev] Re: [Freegis-list] Lx-Viewer (DWG viewer for Linux)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 25 08:58:04 EST 2002

Radim Blazek wrote:

> 5) (For others) Would it make sense to have DWG/DXF support based on OpenDWG
> in OGR? Could somebody do that:)?

Radim,

It is my general intention to someday add DXF/DWG support to OGR based based
on the OpenDWG libraries.  However, even with the libraries it seems like it
would be a fairly complicated effort, and no one (well, none of my paying
clients) has had a particular need for the capability.  Also, as you note,
the OpenDWG libraries aren't exactly free which kind of takes some of the
fun out of it.