[gdal-dev] Daily CVS Snapshots now available

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Mon Nov 18 09:14:27 EST 2002

Paul Selormey wrote:

> Shipping a product a with CVS snapshots is not realistic, besides you
> can always access the CVS - hmmm...every minute if you really do
> not wish to wait :-)

Paul,

The CVS snapshots are never quality-assured by me. They are automatically
generated snapshots ... nothing more. I create them because some folks
don't what to install a CVS client and learn how to use it just to get a
bug fix. Some companies (such as one Daniel and I used to work for) don't
even seem to be able to access external CVS servers from there internal
network!

As to whether a CVS snapshot can be used in a "product" that is a decision
for those producing the product. Obviously using a snapshot puts more
pressure on the consumer to ensure that the code works for their intended
applications.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...