can't find libproj.so

nakiya123 nakiya123 at y...
Wed Nov 20 12:24:36 EST 2002

--- In gdal-dev at y..., Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at p...> wrote:
> nakiya123 wrote:
> > --- In gdal-dev at y..., Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at p...> wrote:
> > Ok,
> >
> > this is getting called:
> >
> > (port/cplgetsymbol.cpp)
> > void *CPLGetSymbol(const char *, const char *)
> >
> > {
> > printf( "DUMMY???\n" );
> > return NULL;
> > }
> >
> > not the correct unix version!
> >
> > so I removed the #if defined(HAVE_DLFCN_H) which is not the right way
> > to do this of course, but blammo! it worked.
> >
> > So what to do?
>
> Well, that gets you working fine.
>
> The HAVE_DLFCN_H macro is supposed to be set in
gdal/port/cpl_config.h by
> configure based on a test to see if your system has dlfcn.h. Could you
> do "locate dlfcn.h" to see where yours is? Also, could you rerun
> configure can capture the line about dlfcn.h?
>
> I would like to fix configure so this doesn't happen to other
people, but
> I don't know what could be going wrong with the include file check.
>
> Any chance you did something funky like running configure on a different
> system, or messing with cpl_config.h?
>
> Best regards,
>
> --

> I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...
> and watch the world go round - Rush | Geospatial Programmer for Rent

% locate dlfcn.h
/usr/include/bits/dlfcn.h
/usr/include/dlfcn.h

./configure --prefix=/home/dmingus/lib/gdal/
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for malloc_chain_check in -ldbmalloc... no
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for fcntl.h... no
checking for unistd.h... no
checking for dbmalloc.h... no
checking for dlfcn.h... no <--- ********************************
checking for stdint.h... no
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for 64bit integer type... long long
checking for 64bit file io... yes
checking for deflateInit_ in -lz... yes
checking for G_gisinit_2 in -lgrass5... no
checking for ffopen in -lcfitsio... no
libcfitsio not found - FITS support disabled
checking for png_set_IHDR in -lpng... yes
checking for png.h... no
using internal png code.
checking for TIFFGetTagListCount in -ltiff... no
using internal TIFF code.
using internal GeoTIFF code.
checking for jpeg_read_scanlines in -ljpeg... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... no
using internal jpeg code.
checking for DGifOpenFileName in -lgif... yes
using pre-installed libgif.
checking for cln_GetLayerCapabilities in -logdi31... no
with_fme=
checking for FMEObjects... no
checking for SDreaddata in -lmfhdf... no
checking for jpc_decode in -ljasper... no
checking for jp2_decode in -ljasper... no
checking for pgx_decode in -ljasper... no
checking for NCScbmOpenFileView in -lNCSEcw... no
checking for OGR ... enabled
checking for pg_config... no
checking for PostgreSQL... no
checking for Xerces C++... disabled
checking for c++ -shared ... yes
checking for python... python
checking where python Makefiles are... found
checking Python makefile... found
checking where .py files should go... /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages
checking for python headers... found
checking definitions from Python makefile... done
checking for NumPy include files... missing
creating ./config.status
creating GDALmake.opt
creating port/cpl_config.h
port/cpl_config.h is unchanged

missing a lot of stuff it looks like?

I ran just "./configure" without prefix setting( I assumed this
wouldn't make a differenc ) and it was the same.

I'll use it with my hack for now, thanks for the help.