[Gdal-dev] Warp / rotation

Geographic Wizard geowiz at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 19 12:57:35 EDT 2003

Hi, everybody

New to GDAL as well as using georeferenced raster images. I am trying to figure out how to do the following, and any help / insight would be greatly appreciated. I have put some numbers together as an example :

I have an image (tif/jpg/png) 5000 x 5000 that is georef with a world file

2
0
0
-2
667500
5864000

I would like to pull a sub image of this that is bound by a rectangle

I would like line # 1 of the sub-image to be along the top boundary of the rectangle, therefore it needs to be rotated by about 2 degrees cw.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve