[Gdal-dev] Using the warp api

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 28 16:49:36 EDT 2003

Matt Lynch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working my way through the warp api tutorial
> (http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/warptut.html), but have run into
> trouble.
>
> My program takes an image and reprojects it to a new file out.tif.  When
> I run it, I don't get any errors.  However, out.tif is essentially
> black, with a few lines.  If my description of the output is not
> sufficient, I can email the file out.tif to you.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.

Matt,

The code mostly looks OK, though it is a bit hard to tell since there is
a fair amount going on and that could be going wrong.  One fairly serious
thing that I didn't see was a GDALClose() for hOutDataset.  This might well
account for some of the problems if not all.

If fixing that doesn't help, then I would suggest you invoke the transformer
you passed to the warp algorithm to make sure that values are being mapped
sensibly.