[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp and Goode's Homolosine projection

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Wed Dec 3 03:09:24 EST 2003

Frank and others,

I couldn't get gdalwarp to work on rasters in Goode's Homolosine
projection (I want to reproject modis composites, which come in this
projection, into unprojected latlon). I suppose Goode's Homolosine is
not supported by gdalwarp? I know it actually is a mixture of
projections. It exists in proj4, however. Now I use grass to reproject,
but it is way slow and I don't have really the need to get all my
rasters into grass and then export them again.

If it is not supported, any chance to get it supported?
If it is supported, what am I doing wrong? Could you give me an
example?

Later,
Vincent Schut.