[Gdal-dev] OGR: C API for Polygon/Multipolygon?

gdal-dev-admin at remotesensing.org gdal-dev-admin at remotesensing.org
Tue Dec 9 12:30:12 EST 2003

I'm attempting to use a 'C' interface to OGR.  I have points and
polylines getting drawn on my map, but don't see how to easily do a
'C' interface to the polygon functions.

I have a parallel working implementation using Shapelib alone, so
I've done this before, including the CW/CCW ring stuff (fill/hole
polygons).  I need to do the same thing now in OGR so I can switch
to it and gain the advantages of the OGR library.

Anyone have a reference implementation in 'C' that shows how to
access the elements in polygons/multipolygons for reading?

I see "OGRLinearRing", "getExteriorRing", and "getInteriorRing", but
those appear to be C++ objects/methods.  I see no 'C' interface for
them.  Accurate?  Do I need to get into the wkt/wkb calls in order
to do it?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin