[Gdal-dev] problem with configure xerces-c1_6_0 into gdal

hamdi ines hamdi_ines2003 at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 29 04:54:48 EST 2003

hello ,
I have a questions but before i descripe my platform
and installed soft:
platform: redhat 8
the soft installed:
-the binary version of grass57-10-10
-gdal1.1.9
-xerces-c_1.1.6(from the source)
-gdal-cvs-031220
-proj-4.4.1
-postgresql7.3.2
my question is:
I have a gml file named ionic_wfs.gml placed
in/home/gml_samples, i want to read and manupulate it
with the grass57 command: ogr2ogr, v.in.ogr and
v.out.ogr, ogrinfo.. but i have many problem:
with ogrinfo :
GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > ogrinfo
home/gml_samples/ionic_wfs.gml
ERROR 1: Unable to create Xerces C++ based GML reader,
Xerces support
not configured into GDAL/OGR.
ERROR 1: File /home/gml_samples/ionic_wfs.gml appears
to be GML but the GML reader can't
be instantiated, likely because Xerces support wasn't
configured in.
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource
`/home/gml_samples/ionic_wfs.gml' with the following
drivers.
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS
  -> TIGER
  -> S57
  -> MapInfo File
  -> DGN
  -> VRT
  -> AVCBin
  -> REC
  -> Memory
  -> GML
with v.in.ogr:
GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > v.in.ogr dsn=/home/gml_samples/
output=grass_test
ERROR: Cannot open data source
with v.out.ogr:
GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > v.out.ogr -c input=ionic_wfs.gml
dsn=/home/gml_samples/ layer=gmlfile
ERROR: Could not find input map <ionic_wfs.gml>
with ogr2ogr:
GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > ogr2ogr -f shp /home/gml_samples/
[...]
from this i tried to configure xerces in gdal/ogr but
the result is:
conftest.cpp:5:parse error before '::' token
configure: error : please correct xerces options,
don't enables xerces.
I m dont understand the problem , please if you have
other method to configure xerces send it me because i
need it.
THANKES ADVANCED
HAMDI Inés