[Gdal-dev] convert GTIFF(NED) to BMP

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Mon Feb 3 13:56:45 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:43:43AM -0800, Ayman Kamal wrote:
> I appreciate very much if u can help me in finding
> such tool to help me in opening 32 bit floating point
> GeoTiff NED data

That's easy --- try OpenEV. You are already have it!

By the way, if you will need to convert your dataset in othe formats,
for example, BMP, gdal_translate may be invoked in such way:

gdal_translate -of BMP -ot Byte -scale <infile.tif> <outfile.bmp>

You may convert your data using OpenEV GUI as well.

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517