[Gdal-dev] customizing GDAL to make only two drivers available

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Thu Feb 27 07:16:57 EST 2003

Ayman Kamal writes:

> Is there any means to minimize the numbers of drivers
> available in GDAL so that I can use it just to convert
> from format "A" to format "B", I guess this way it
> will be lighter weight. Can I do this? How?

If I remember correctly you are using MSVC
in which case I believe that you can modify the
$GDAL_SRC/frmts/makefile.vc EXTRAFLAGS variable
to just include the formats you want

ie this should yield a GDAL that only did tiff and bmp
EXTRAFLAGS =	 -DFRMT_gtiff -DFRMT_bmp

on Unix like systems you need to modify the
$GDAL_SRC/GDALmake.opt file variable $GDAL_FORMATS

HTH

Norman