[Gdal-dev] Re: gdalwarp transparent fill

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 4 10:42:04 EDT 2003

list67 at netscape.net wrote:
> Mr. Warmerdam,
>
> Hello.  Yesterday, I sent the attatched message to the gdal-dev mailing list,
 > and it has not appeared yet on the mailing list web page.  Do you know if
 > messages from @netscape.net are filtered from the list?  Thanks.

Mike,

I don't know what happened to your email.  It didn't come through on the list
either.  I don't think there is any filtering on the list other than to bounce
messages from folks that are not members.

> Subject: gdalwarp transparent fill From: list67 Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:00:20 -0400 To: gdal-dev at remotesensing.org
>

> Hello.  I've been using the gdalwarp program to reproject some geotiff files.  It works great.  The reprojected
> geotiffs usually (maybe always) have some black areas around the edges due to the reprojection.  Instead of the black
> pixels, I would like the pixels to be transparent.  I've been using GIMP to add an alpha channel and cut out the
> black areas.  So, I was hoping that gdal_warp might be able to do all of this for me.  Has anyone used gdal_warp in
> this way?  If it is not too complicated, would you tell me what I need to do in order to use gdal_warp in this way?

Gdalwarp won't do this, but I would like to modify gdalwarptest (the next
generation warper to do it) though it doesn't yet.  Are you willing to test
it if I implementing it in CVS?  Are you setup to be able to build GDAL from
CVS or a CVS snapshot?