[Gdal-dev] [ANNOUNCE]: MODIS Level 3 products now supported

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Jun 10 10:45:35 EDT 2003

Norman,

> Any plans regarding MODIS Level 2 products ?

Just reading the ``MODIS Ocean Products User's Guide'':

   Geolocation information for each pixel is contained in the MODIS
   Geolocation product (MOD03) and also in the MODIS Ocean QC file (MODOCQC).
   Thus, users needing to create Level 2 images mapped to a projection, or
   needing latitude-longitude locations of pixels, should order these files
   additionally.

I think there is nothing to do with Level 2 datasets in GDAL driver,
because such complex operations with several data sources are in scope
of high level tools on top of the GDAL. The only thing I can do is to
detect this particular data type and place appropriate hint in
SUBDATASET_n_NAME field (already done, will be commited soon).

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517