[Gdal-dev] GDAL_TRANSLATE and PNM format

Jim Julian julian at preferred.com
Sun Mar 9 11:52:51 EST 2003

Hi,

    My original purpose in downloading the current CVS was to verify an
error in gdal_translate.
Given the following command line:

"gdal_translate n36w082.bil n36w082.pnm"

A geotiff is written rather than a PGM or PPM file. I tried using the PGM
extension as well.
I looked through my OpenEV and GDAL archives in the process of studying the
problem
and found no references, which brings me to another question.
    Has anyone found anything that serves as the equivalent of an offline
Google search
engine? I can easily convert all my archives to text files. I prefer
individual emails since
the subject lines make a handy index to the nature of the communications.
This way
I have been able to search by person/date/subject. I do not think this
would not have been
so easy using the digest form.

                                                                                     Jim
Julian