[Gdal-dev] problems with some formats

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Mar 18 06:10:12 EST 2003

Vladimir,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 12:49:00AM +0300, Vladimir Slepnev wrote:
> the 03/03/03 update of GDAL seems to have the HFA format broken. Under
> Windows, GDAL just crashes (without any error messages) when trying to open
> an IMG file.

Could you show backtrace log?

> Also, we still can't get ECW and JPEG2000 to work under Windows. When trying

Regarding JPEG2000: I've confirmed that problem exist (on Windows platform),
but I can't found where it is yet.

> One may say that we should use the latest GDAL update. But this turns out to
> be not the best policy for us - we already have about 5 different versions

Note, that main purpose of the immediate access to sources in development
is a possibility to get immediate feedback.
You may choose any policy with this sources. For example, you can freeze
your own GDAL snapshot and update from CVS those parts only which
has problems.

> of gdal11.dll, which work differently. For example, I just tried to update
> GDAL through CVS. After that, nmake /f makefile.vc produced an error:
>
> nmake.opt(56) : fatal error U1034: syntax error : separator missing

Likely there was incompatible changes merged in nmake.opt. You should
read CVS messages carefully next time and edit nmake.opt manually if so.

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517